Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Problem with START times

It just hit me I'm a big time future planner and not in a good way. I have tons of goals and about half or less get completed. That is so furstrating! Today I told my self as soon a Septemember hits I'm going to start this project in full force and just yesterday I told my self I would have slow down on my shopping as soon as Septememeber hits. Ugh!... What an ugly pattern. I always tell myself to start or stop something the next month and when that month comes I either forget or cross the idea off the list completely. Another failure on my list of  TO DO's.

So, it dawned on me that I should stop pushing back these goals but just start doing them as it comes to mind if I'm able to do them that is. I mean I still want travel the world but that takes true planning.

Here's some of my brillant ideas:

1.Stop shopping for an entire month. This means no clearance rack shopping either. I guess that means no window shopping. I swear I'm an addict. I can't even be around my tempation....lol Where do I sign  up for the 12 step progam?

There nothing wrong with shopping for me it's that I'm not saving as much as I should and shopping is the reason why. I just need to designate  a certain allowance for this pleasureable hobby.

Since I'm no longer shopping for new or slightly used things I guess I should re-introduce myself to the things I loved so much I had to have them. DUH! I want to wear something  new from my closet everyday. This should really show you my creative side ( RAW and UNCUT). :-)

Clean out that DAMN closet! Why do I still have stuff I hardly ever wear in there anyway? I think I need to do a yard sale or just a plain give away. I guess that's why I have friends and family.

2. Another neglected area is my wonderful hair. For the past 6 months I've been wearing my hair out like it going out of style and it has limited my hair growth.I love my twist outs, braid outs or afro showcased for the world but I'm over it. I have a personal hair growth goal and these 6 months alone have set me back 2 inches. UGH! I need to nurse my hair back to life and that means protective styling like no other. I've decided I will be wearing protective hairstyles for the next few months or longer.

3. My cave. My bedroom. My haven. I need to liven this place up. I bought all the tools to make this room tranquil but haven't made the effort to actually doing it. Pathetic! For next few days that's exactly what i'm going to do.I mean who doesn't want to come home and have it be the place of warmth and beauty. It's start with one corner at a time!

I think these are great starting points. No more starting later. I have to start NOW.


~EP
P.S. I love my turban... :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment