Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yes, I know how to use my library card!

For the past two months I've decided to start reading more. I noticed that the only things I would read were magazines and online news media and that's was not going to cut it. I want to try and read a book every two months or so. I read somewhere long ago that the more you read the better your vocabulary would be ... not to sure if that holds any weight.









In June after seeing everyone and I mean EVERYONE reading this book I decided to actually give it a try. I bought " The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" months ago but because the first few chapter never captivated me I put it down. But I revisited the book in June and let me tell you what a great choice! I'm not a complete fan of the gore and horror of the book but it was a great mystery to read minus those pages. I honestly could not put it down. I read everywhere I went, on my way to work, walking to my office, on my lunch, on my way home and in my bed. I truly understand why that book is a bestseller it is wonderfully written.




On this kick to keep this reading bug alive I bought "The Help" in July and started to read it . I'm about half way done and ready to watch the movie. This book is good but not really a page turner like the previous book.




Today, I got the bright idea to go to the library and save my money on buying books. It would be nice to have a book shelf full of books I've read but I rather keep the money in my pocket for the time being. I have a library close to my home and even work so no excuse why I can't just save the money and rent the books. Anyways, I went to the library and picked up two books for the time being. I don't want to go to crazy with books. I picked up Chelsea Handler's book " Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea" just for a fun read. I don't know about you but she is hilarious on TV and why not read something strictly for laughter.






The second book is by Deepak Chopra, " The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success". My friend D suggested the book awhile back and I never got a chance to get it. I took this opportunity to check it out... That reminds me she still has my earrings. (Note to self make sure to grab them when I go over her house this weekend...lol) I also grabbed a movie. Yes, the library actually carries dvds and get this ....It's FREE"... lol I picked up Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. and I was done at the library.



If you have any book suggestion please let me know!



Til next time~ EP

No comments:

Post a Comment